Nelson & Marlborough
A sunny welcome to the South Island is the region of Nelson and Marlborough. Pure paradise with a temperate climate and a diverse landscape, this area is filled with jaw dropping scenery around every corner. A hiker and bikers dream with 3 National Parks including the most visited park, Abel Tasman National Park and home to one of New Zealand’s “Great Walks”, Kahurangi National Park and the famous Heaphy Track.
Take the Bluebridge Cook Strait Ferry to the seaport city of Picton and explore the beauty of the Queen Charlotte Sound. Stay in the city of Nelson and visit the popular swimming beach of Tahunaui Beach and the great café culture and creative flair of this city by the sea. Cross the scenic Takaka Hill with views to die for to secluded Golden Bay and visit the magical Farewell Spit and take in the laid back, artistic lifestyle this area offers.
Good food, wine and beer go hand in hand with a memorable holiday. Nelson Tasman has plenty to offer with amazing wineries, the craft beer capital of New Zealand and plenty of fresh and gourmet food to indulge in. With over 26 boutique wineries the wine trail is a must for an enjoyable day out.
The hub of the Kahurangi National Park is Murchison, a town founded on gold and made famous for being one of the top ten places for white water rafting in the world. Murchison is a haven for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers as well as those just wanting a bit of countryside and relaxed holiday.
Kiwi Card Discounts
- Abel Tasman Canyons - Nelson
- Abel Tasman Sea Shuttle - Kaiteriteri
- Bay Soul - Nelson
- Bay Tours Wine Tours - Nelson
- Dolphin Watch Ecotours - Picton
- Erban Spa - Nelson
- Helipro Helicopter Tours - Nelson
- McCashins brewery - Nelson
- Nature Land Wildlife Trust - Nelson
- Nelson Cycle Hire - Nelson
- Pelorus Mail Boat - Havelock
- Rent a Dent - Nelson
- Smugglers Pub & Cafe - Tahunanui
- Speights Ale House Nelson - Nelson
- The Sands Brewery Bar and Kitchen - Nelson
- Waka Abel Tasman - Nelson