Blog: Events & Itineraries
Holidays and travelling are about creating memories. Here are some great ideas on what to do in New Zealand. We'd love to hear your stories, too - let us know about your experiences by writing your own blog. Read our handy hints about starting a travel blog.
The staff at Seabreeze Kiwi Holiday Park knows the Coromandel and loves talking to guests about the “must do’s” in this holiday haven.
Here are their Top Picks.
- Cathedral Cove is only a 10 minute drive from Seabreeze Holiday Park and one of the most beautiful places on earth. Snorkeling is the best here with a 9km marine reserve rich in rocks, reefs, caves and abundant marine life. There are lots of places to rent gear. Kayaking with Cathedral Cove Kayaks is amazing especially going through all the caves and around the beautiful bays. They have many options and packages to suit everyone. The Glass Bottom Boat is a great way to see the marine reserve and a favorite with families. If you are not travelling by boat to Cathedral Cove, the walk there won’t let you down with views worth stopping for to take that perfect holiday photo. The walk from Hahei Beach is about 45 minutes each way or avoid the hill and drive to the Marine Reserve car park which takes 10 minutes off the walk. Take a picnic as you will want to stay here all day.
- Hot Water Beach is world famous as a place to dig your own spa pool at low tide and only 9km away from the park. Guests can get spades from the office at Seabreeze Holiday Parks.
- Cooks Beach / Ferry Landing is a 12-14 km drive and home to Shakespeare’s cliff lookout with stunning views over Mercury Bay. Flaxmill Bay and Front Beach are great places to spend some downtime sunbathing, swimming and exploring with several bush walks in the area. Take the passenger ferry to Whitianga for seafood or catch your own by taking a boat out at Purangi Estuary for a day of fishing. Don’t miss the Cooks Beach market in January for tasty treats and a selection of local arts and crafts.
- Whitianga is a 20 minute drive from Seabreeze Holiday Park and has a great selection of restaurants and cafes, museums, banana boat, several fishing charters boats, bone carving, beach walks and places to relax. A favorite with the kids is the Whiti farm park with a menagerie of animals in a relaxed accessible (able to feed and touch animals) setting. For a little pampering check out The Lost Spring Thermal pools and day spa. Finish off a perfect day with a cold brew at one the many restaurants and pubs overlooking the harbour.
- Coroglen is a great place to visit on Sundays for the farmers market and summer bands and concerts at the Coroglen Tavern
- Tairua Beach has beautiful beaches and great for water sports, boating, fishing, surfing and try and make the Wine & Food Festival the 4th of January
- Coromandel Town is an hour drive from the park and a historic gold mining town. A unique activity is Barry Brickell’s Driving Creek Railway where you can take an old fashions train through the bush and visit the onsite pottery studio. The kids will love the Waterworks theme park and don’t miss a tasting at the famous Mussel Factory,
- Whenuakite (on site Seabreeze Holiday Park) is the recently opened Hot Water Brewing Co. Brewery and Brasserie featuring craft beer and an assortment of delicious food